Re: Help building PHP

Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa%pivotal.io@localhost> writes:

>From `pkgsrc/lang/php54`, if I run `bmake show-options`, I see that "inet6
> ssl" are the default and only options enabled.  However if I run `bmake
> show-depends`, I only see "libxml2" as a dependency.  Is this expected?  I
> was thinking I should see openssl listed there too.
>
> Also if I run `bmake` to build, I don't see it install openssl and it fails
> out at

Probably pkgsrc is deciding that the builtin openssl is adequate, but
it's not enough for php.  This is a tricky issue, becasue the base
openssl may be good enough for most things.

The exact syntax may be escapeing me, but I think you want to set

PREFER.openssl=		pkgsrc

to force the use of pkgsrc ssl.  Look in security/openssl/builtin.mk;
that has the logic to decide if builtin is good enough.

You may wnat to figure out how to fix this bug rather than work around
it.  The trick is to have a global definition of good enough and have
php set something  to say it needs a feature not in the regular
definition.