Re: [patch] fix for building archivers/zoo

On Fri 27 Feb 2015 at 13:20:49 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> Anybody want to look at that? The kosmon.zoo file is available at
> https://www.falu.nl/~rhialto/kosmon.zoo.  There is also kosmon.zip but
> that isn't a directly equivalent archive.

The plot thickens. It seems as if the compressed data of the first file
is missing a byte, making the subsequent file headers off-by-one.
Compare the output of fiz, which finds them:

$ fiz kosmon.zoo
****************
      20: DIR  [~^B^\~yu~<~^Z] ==> 196607
****************
      42: DIR  [kosmon.asm] ==>  113
     113: DATA
****************
   14440: DIR  [kosmon.doc] ==> 14512
   14511: DATA
****************
   17343: DIR  [] ==>    0

and 113 + 14328 = 14441.

On the other hand it seems unlikely that my file has been corrupted
while on my system, since it is identical to one in the "funet pub/cbm
archive" and some of its mirrors.  People would have complained about
it, I expect...

The headers are protected with a crc so corruption there is noticed.
Compressed data isn't similarly proteced, but there is a crc over the
extracted data (which doesn't help here, since extraction fails too).

The current location of the archive has the zip file now
(http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/programming/), but the
mirrors still have the zoo file; such as
http://cbm.ko2000.nu/programming/.

So I'm mystified...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'