pkgin Quiet Mode?

I find myself doing a lot of system build scripting (specifically
Vagrant) and I'm starting to feel the pain of "pkgin install" not
having a silent or a quiet option (that I can find).

I get thousands of columns of text like this:

==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%
==> riak-01-stagi 90%

I realize this is a byproduct of how Vagrant captures STDOUT, but most
of all of the other package management utilities I use on other
platforms have configurable verbosity.

Try as I might, I can't find an option in the man pages. I'm using
5.11 on a Joyent SmartOS container.

Does this really not exist? If so, how may I incentivize a pkgsrc
developer to add this feature?

Thanks for all of your hard work,
Elijah Zupancic