Yet another issue with charset.alias on Linux

Hello,

While testing current pkgsrc CVS, I found that devel/idutils builds on
Linux (SLES 11sp3) but fails to install. The issue (as reported with
other packages) is that the PLIST file referes to lib/charset.alias, but
that file does not get created on this OS.

I've reported similar issues with math/octave and www/elinks, but there
may be other packages that have this problem or will encounter it at
some point.

Are there any ideas as to how we can address this issue once and for
all? Perhaps the PLIST files could be adjusted to skip charset.alias if
a particular variable is set? Or, do we need an additional PLIST.* file
that is added only when charset.alias is needed.

Setting the correct behaviour automatically would be nice, but I'm not
sure that we want to duplicate the logic for determining whether or not
to include the file. Further, I'm not sure that the logic is consistent
from one package to another.

For now, I can manually edit the offending PLIST file, but we should
have a better solution than that.

Any thoughts?

--
Iain Morgan

P.S.: The previous version of idutils (in the 2014Q3) release) did not
suffer from this problem.