Re: irc/BitchX

On 16 December 2014 at 14:50, Christopher Petrik <chris%bsdjunk.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently remove FreeBSD from my VPS as I wanted something different
> and I haven't used NetBSD is years. What is the procedure to update a
> port on NetBSD as I maintain BItchX on FreeBSD mind as well do it on
> NetBSD. Recentl;y the devs and I have produces version 1.2.1.

Typically checkout pkgsrc "cvs -danoncvs%anoncvs.netbsd.org@localhost:/cvsroot
checkout pkgsrc" - more info at http://pkgsrc.org/
then "cd pkgsrc/chat/bitchx" & edit & update Makefile as needed.
(Apologies is the above is obvious)
A useful command is "make mdi" to update the distinfo checksum after
changing the tarfile to download).
Also useful are pkgdiff, mkpatches, and pkgvi from pkgtools/pkgdiff,
and pkglint from pkgtools/pkglint.

Patches can be submitted via send-pr (command line or via netbsd.org),
or people poked on pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost or irc :)