Re: Binary packages on NetBSD: Importing pkg(8) from FreeBSD?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
As pkg(8) "only" deals with binary packages, this would be complimentary to the existing pkg_* tools that come with pkgsrc, i.e. it's use would be optional.

Is anyone besides me interested in such work and would be able/willing to spend some amount of time on this?

I am interested but cannot commit time.  The point that nobody's made, I think, is that I think it would be advantageous to have a common syntax between BSDs for package management, for all the BSDs.  Having multiple tools in the format pkg_?.{3,8} or similar isn't making life better in any way.