Re: compiling ImageMagick on NetBSD 5

Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> writes:

> I'm now giving up, and attaching a patch to make OpenEXR support optional.
>
> Question: leave it on by default, as that is what is currently the case,
> or switch it off, magically fix the netbsd 5 builds?
> (Patch does the former)

I would say

  definitely add the option (not controversial)

  let's make the option default off (and therefore PKGREVISION++)

If openexr gets in a state where it builds ~everywhere that imagemagick
does, we can flip the default back.

My impression is that very few uses of imagemagick use openexr.

We could also make the default different per platform.  But I would tend
to just turn it off.