Re: Fix for devel/talloc shared library install_name on Darwin

On 9/1/14, 3:19 AM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 03:50:47PM -0500, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
>> The package devel/talloc from -current on Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)
>> (Darwin 13.3.0), installs shared libraries with an incorrect
>> install_name as well as incorrect dependency paths that reference
>> build-time paths rather than final install paths.  Attached is a
>> patch to fix this for the talloc library.  (I did not try to fix the
>> others.)  Would a developer be willing to commit this patch?
>
> Thanks, committed.

Hi, Thomas.

Great!  Thanks!

> Does this issue also affect the samba packages (which also include
> libtalloc)?

I haven't installed any samba packages, so I don't know.  If there are
binaries from samba packages that link against the talloc library as a
dependent library, then I would highly suspect that those binaries would
abort when run without the install_name fix for devel/talloc.

Regards,

Lewis