Re: Can't compile lang/gcc4[68] on Solaris 11 (Sparc)

26. 8. 2014 v 13:22, Dirk Heinrichs <dhs%recommind.com@localhost>:

> while trying to compile lang/gcc46 or lang/gcc48, either from 2014Q2 or from
> the trunk, on Solaris 11, I get the following errors:

> OTOH, lang/gcc4[57] as well as a self-compiled GCC 4.8.3 build just fine,
> using GCC 4.5 as installed from Solaris package repositories.

Use gcc47, if you can, it’s well supported on SunOS, and we have been using it
for a long tim on SmartOS. AFAIK, gcc48 is pretty much messed up at this point.
jperkin tried to figure out a way out, but it seems like skipping 4.8 and
starting on 4.9 will be less work.