Re: ffmpeg vs ffmpeg2

On 13 August 2014 15:13, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 01:19:38PM +0200, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

>> > Do you have both ffmpeg and ffmpeg2 installed?
>>
>> I did have ffmpeg2 and ffmpeg010. I have now removed both but I
>> haven't tried rebuilding. Would it be worth it?
>
> No, it was only between ffmpeg1 and the others that I saw bad
> interaction. I'm not sure why you see segfaults.
>
> What exactly are you doing? Perhaps someone can replicate it.

I saw that gstreamer1 and correspondent plugins had been updated, so I
did a 'make update' on all the affected packages. After doing that,
anytime the gst-plugins1-libav was activated, Firefox crashed and an
error was output as in this message:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2014/08/11/msg020209.html

But at this point I think it had nothing to do with ffmpeg, although a
similar thread on the ffmpeg-devel mailing lists suggested otherwise:
https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-devel%ffmpeg.org@localhost/msg00520.html

Would you like me to fill a BR for that occurrence?