Re: Firefox and amd64/6.0_2014Q2, any news?

On 30 July 2014 11:45, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> So, in case you run into startup crashes (or reproducable crashes), and the
> typical generic tips (start with another profile, ...) do not help, this
> is how to get more usefull information.

I believe there is a Mozilla extension that can help debugging
crashes, too, but I have never activated it.

I also believe that my previous crash was due to pkgsrc getting
confused about which version of nss was already installed. I can't
prove it but that's my feeling. When building FF 31 yesterday, pkgsrc
informed that all dependencies had been fulfilled. However the build
stopped because it couldn't determine if nss was installed or not. So
I deleted nns and reinstalled from pkgsrc, cd to
/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox and make build, and then it worked.

I still think it's terrible that anybody that would rather have a
ready made binary of Firefox have to downgrade their system to Q1.

--
Ottavio