Re: Firefox and amd64/6.0_2014Q2, any news?

From: Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost>, Date: Tue,
29 Jul 2014 12:12:42 +0200

> On 26 July 2014 15:18, Ottavio Caruso
> <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>> As you well know the latest Firefox binary package available for
>> Netbsd amd64 is for 6.0_2014Q1. In the past I compiled FF 29 from
>> pkgsrc and it worked fine. I then tried to update it to 30.2 from
>> pkgsrc, the build went fine but on startup it seg faulted. At that
>> moment I didn't have the 29 binary anymore (in hindsight I could have
>> made a backup) so I had to downgrade everything to Q1.
>>
>> What are the latest news? Would it be possible to resurrect FF 29?
>>

> I find it extremely disappointing that nobody has attemped a reply to
> my question. Maybe I've asked the wrong way, in which case I can
> apologize. Or maybe this is the wrong list or maybe everybody is on
> holiday (lucky you!).
>
> I find it disturbing that nobody finds a problem in not having a
> binary package for the main open source browser in the latest stable
> version of an open source operating system.
>
> I would like to troubleshoot why this packages segfaults, but it
> doesn't leave any core files, so I wouldn't know where to start.

Hi,

I could run firefox-31.0 fine under NetBSD/amd64 6.1.4 with native xorg.
I will try to build firefox-31.0 with modular xorg this weekend hopefully.
And I will improve pkgsrc-2013Q2. firefox-31.0 should be pulled up
to pkgsrc-2013Q2, because it is ESR.

But my laptop is broken and my productivity is very low...
Please give me some days.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3