Re: mutt on console: cursor on far right

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 07:20:11AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > > In FreeBSD (mutt built from FreeBSD ports) console or xterm, whole
> > > line in messages listing is highlighted; this was also the case in
> > > Linux Slackware.
>
> > That's what it is supposed to do. And typically it turns the cursor off,
> > too, so you only get the hightlighted line.
> > (In xterms I have my cursor in red so I can easily see where it is)
>
> -Olaf.
>
> ___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
>
> But in NetBSD, mutt built from pkgsrc shows the cursor at the far right, and
> the line is not highlighted.
>
> That makes it difficult to see exactly which message is on that line,
> especially with DRMKMS and 250 * 66 console.

I am replying to this using a pkgsrc mutt with DRMKMS and a mere
210 * 65 terminal, with TERM=wsvt25. The message is highlighted in
the folder list, as in, the selected message's row is coloured
differently. (Maybe check for "color" in .muttrc if you have one?)
I see what you mean about the cursor though (as in, white rectangle).
That cursor doesn't really seem to behave sensibly - my guess is
that it shouldn't be displayed at all.

Cheers,

Patrick