Re: Where is bootstrap.tar.gz ?

Michel Jansens <michel.jansens%ulb.ac.be@localhost> writes:

> I’m trying to build a Solaris 10 pkgsrc repository. I managed to
> compile a few packages, and share them through http.  Now I read in
> the docs (section 4.1.1 Finding binary packages) that to install
> pkgsrc on a client, you should download "a file called
> bootstrap.tar.gz which contains the package management tools”.

If someone has prepared a "binary bootstrap kit" and packages, and you
can download all of that, then that advice applies.
This is for Illumos, not Solaris 10, but see:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2014/07/10/msg020003.html

I am not aware of prebuilt packages for Solaris 10 (and am not really
clear on how the various Solaris flavors relate).

If you want to build from scratch, you can run from
/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap - see the READMEs, as well as the "building from
source" section of the guide.
Feel free to ask if you have specific questions about that, and/or to
send patches to the README files.