Re: Request to update libburn and to package Xfburn

Hi,

my test user, Freddy Fisker, reports problems with preparing the
necessary xfce environment:

> netbsd# cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/xfburn && make install && make clean
> The installation of xfburn ended with errors:
>
> ===> Install binary package of libxfce4util-4.8.2
> pkg_add: A different version of libxfce4util-4.8.2 is already installed:
> libxfce4util-4.6.1nb17
> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
> *** Error code 1

More courageous than i would be, he tried to solve this by:

> I have tried to boot the NetBSD without starting the X11.
>
> First uninstall existing version of xfce4
> netbsd# pkgin remove xfce4
> netbsd# pkgin autoremove
> netbsd# pkgin -f update
> netbsd# pkgin autoremove
>
> Then installation of xfce48:
> netbsd# cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/xfce48
> netbsd# make install
> The installation of xfce48 ended with the error:
> pkg_add: no pkg found for 'osabi-NetBSD-6.1.3, sorry
>
> I have reinstalled xfce4:
> netbsd# pkgin install xfce4

Well, i Cc him now (ff at freddyfisker dot dk), in the hope that he
will see proposals from this list.

My own, more successful production of xfburn was by doing with
no xfce installed:

  cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/libburn
  make install
  cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/libisofs
  make install
  cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/xfburn
  make install

So my proposal to Freddy is de-install xfce again, and to try my
approach which only installs what xfburn needs.
If this succeeds, please make xfburn tests with DVD and BD media.
Then try to get all missing xfce components and applications by
installing them one by one.

If this xfce environment stays unsatisfying, then we may go back
to the binary xfce4 package and transplant a few goodies from
xfburn-0.5.2 to our BD-enabled xfburn-0.4.2 source tree.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas