In preparation of Lua-5.3 - versioned binaries of Lua?

Hello,

Lua 5.3 is already in an advanced stage of designing and development [1].

Currently we maintain two versions of Lua in pkgsrc: 5.1 and 5.2. However they
are conflicting, because they install binaries as bin/lua. It prevents me for
easily using unmodified software designed for Lua 5.1 (like Luapress) in a
system where the main version is Lua 5.2. The Lua generations 5.1 and 5.2
aren't fully compatible.

Python packages ships with versioned binaries: python2.6, python2.7, python3.3.

Could we follow the same pattern for Lua? We may be soon ready for inclusion of
Lua 5.3 without damaging the current Lua ecosystem, as the backward
compatibility between 5.3 and earlier generations is still unknown.

Additionally, NetBSD ships with bin/lua, so the pkgsrc's version is (more or
less) hiding it.

With regards,

[1] http://www.lua.org/work/