Re: patch to get SDL to build under Mac OS X Mavericks

On 14/04/14 16:16, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   +#if (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1070)
>
> two questions and a comment:
>
>   Are you sure that still builds on non-Mac (given the lack of
>   "defined() &&") ?

   I assumed quartz was Mac only, and will be for the foreseeable future
(then again, that's what I thought about .Net/Windows just before I
first read about Mono..).

>   There is no patch comment.

   I have two versions of the patch on my system, one which had the
comment (on my ramdisk), and one which doesn't (in the pkgsrc tree).
Guess if I attached the wrong patch. :(

   The comment is "Avoid using deprecated type in the Mac OS X Mavericks
SDK.", in case someone feels like adding that.

>   Did you file this upstream?

   No -- there's a patch floating around an upstream forum which does
exactly the same.  (In fact, my first patch was more heavy-handed; that
forum patch is where I got the exact version number from).

   Though perhaps I assumed too much again; upstream forum != upstream
bug tracker.  I'll check if it has been filed properly, and if not, I'll
do it.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan