question on the quarterly releases

Hello all,

Forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question but I want to confirm this before going any further. Why are the checksums for pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2013Q4/pkgsrc.tar.xz and pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2013Q4/pkgsrc-2013Q4.tar.xz different? I've done some comparisons of the files in each archive and I'm guessing the reason is that the pkgsrc-2013Q4.tar.xz contains the snapshot as it was at the time of release and pkgsrc.tar.xz is the snapshot at the time of release with security and/or stability patches. Is that correct?

--
Matt Raspberry