Re: pkg_create fails for math/pari

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:17:58 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 04:48:34PM -0800, Iain Morgan wrote:
> > While trying to install math/pari, pkg_create fails with the following
> > message:
> >
> > => Automatic manual page handling
> > pkg_create: can't stat
> > `/u/imorgan/work/math/pari/work/.destdir/u/imorgan/pkg/lib/libpari-gmp.la'
> > => Creating binary package
> > /u/imorgan/work/math/pari/work/.packages/pari-2.3.5nb13.tgz
> > pkg_create: can't stat
> > `/u/imorgan/work/math/pari/work/.destdir/u/imorgan/pkg/lib/libpari-gmp.la'
> > pkg_create: lstat failed for file lib/libpari-gmp.la: No such file or
> > directory
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > It turns out that while gmp is enabled as a default option for math/pari,
> > it is not actually listed as a dependency. Thus, if devel/gmp is not
> > already installed, libpari-gmp.la will not be created and pkg_create will
> > fail.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying.
>
> The pari package has an optional gmp dependency. When it is enabled,
> gmp is installed and added as dependency, when not, it isn't.
>
> What exactly are you doing?
>  Thomas

Thanks for your quick reply, and apologies for the slowness in my
response.

To clarify the situation, this occurred on a Linux (SLES 11) system,
where both the gmp and gmp-devel RPMs were already installed.

The initial attempt to install math/pari (with default options) did not
trigger devvel/gmp to be installed as a dependency. And, gmp was not
installed by pkgsrc prior to this.

While investigating the failure, I noticed that while gmp is enabled as
a default option for pari, options.mk does not declare it as a
dependency. At least, it doesn't have anything like BUILD_DEPENDS+=gmp.
So, it looks to me like doesn't actually declare it as a dependency.

The options.mk adds --with-gmp=$(PREFIX) to CONFIGURE_ARGS,so the native
install of gmp is presumably ignored.

I see that options.mk includes ../../devel/gmp/buildlinks.mk, but is
that sufficient to indicate a dependency?

After the initail examination, I ran bmake install in devel/gmp and
bmake clean install in math/pari. With that, pari installed correctly.

--
Iain Morgan