Re: ld: cannot find -lsqlite3 on NetBSD 5 machines

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 03:22:05 +0900, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The latest pkgsrc tree gives this issue on NetBSD 5 machines (amd64,
>> macppc) after updating sqlite3 to sqlite3-3.8.3.1. So far it's happening
>> in both textproc/xmlrpc-c and www/curl.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Analyzed.
> It came form API bump of security/openssl, not sqlite3 update,
> but general issues checking availability of builtin package:
>
> 1. openssl>=1.0.1c is required now, so builtin openssl will not be used
>     on NetBSD 5.
> 2. builtin heimdal also will not be used, because it depend on openssl.
>
> 3. but with only heimdal/builtin.mk, it seems that builtin heimdal is
> acceptable.
>
> 4. so buildlink with sqlite3 will be skipped in heimdal/buildlink3.mk.
>
> There are two issues:
>
> 1. BUILTIN_API_DEPENDS.pkg must be defined before including pkg/builtin.mk
> certainty.
> 2. usability of underlying builtin libraries must be checked in
> builtin.mk.

OK, so it sounds like the issue is understood.

Is there a specific fix? (either as small changes we can pull into our
local tree or a general strategy once a fix is introduced?)

At the moment I've borked my samba and git-base installs...not sure what
else.