Re: pkgsrc license question

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:07:28 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

Matthew Raspberry <matt.raspberry%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

Can someone tell me where to find the license that pkgsrc is licensed
under? I've looked on pkgsrc.org but I didn't see it there. Does it fall
under the standard one on http://www.netbsd.org/about/redistribution.html?

That's a surprisingly good question (surprising that it's hard to
clearly find the answer, not about you!) :-) I believe that everyone who
works on pkgsrc believes that pkgsrc itself is under a modifed BSD
license.  But README doesn't say that, and doc/pkgsrc.txt at least does
not make it obvious.  That said, your conclusion about pkgsrc being
under a 2-clause BSD license seems entirely reasonable given what's
easily findable.

Unfortunately, we can find 4-clause BSD license in pkgsrc/mk/{buildlink3,tools}.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost