Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze started

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 08:54:30AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> My suggestion is "define it more specific to avoid bikeshed"
> as noted the above.

This topic already reached bikeshed size.

> No principle explanation is needed. Just define
> which leaf packages you want prior approval before commit.

The first rule is: 'in case of doubt, ask'.
The other rule is: 'do not break stuff'.

> Otherwise fewer developers will update packages during freeze
> to avoid bikeshed.

That's not a problem in my eyes. They can just commit after the
freeze.

> If you want no-breakage during freeze, you can simply define
> "no leaf package updates are allowed" or
> "all leaf package updates also require approval."
> Why not?

We could do that, but that seems too restrictive to me. But if we find
out that most would prefer that, we can switch to that for the next
branch.
 Thomas