Re: pkgsrc-2013Q4 freeze started

dholland-pkgtech@ wrote:

> As I recall, the argument last time was caused by updating firefox
> without notice; firefox, though a leaf package, is one of a handful of
> highly visible important packages that would embarrass the project if
> it were broken on a stable branch;

Then I suggested a simple rule "major updates require prior approval"
then there is no doubt that updating www/firefox requires approvals,
even the updates contain security fixes and no other security patches.

It's much more specific than "highly visible important blah blah blah..."

---
Izumi Tsutsui