Re: firefox and java

From: Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost>, Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013
22:40:38 +0900 (JST)

> From: Richard PALO <richard.palo%free.fr@localhost>, Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013
> 14:20:23 +0100
>
>> sort of cool to finally have a working pkgsrc firefox(24) on solaris,
>> with l10n at that, but it seems that openjdk7 doesn't provide
>> libnpjp2.so like the sun-jdk did..
>>
>> Web search indicates that icedtea-web needs to be installed, but that
>> seems to depend on xulrunner17(?)...  shouldn't xulrunner more or less
>> follow the version of firefox (for latest esr, 24.1.1, or for latest
>> 25.0.1)?
>
> I have xulrunner24 in my local tree. But icedtea-web is broken for
> my NetBSD/amd64 current machine.
> It is not investigated yet.
>
>> BTW, thunderbird gets as far as some openldap problems, anybody get
>> over those?
>
> I have no openldap environment anymore, but I will create openldap option
> for thunderbird (and seamonkey?).

Sorry, current thunderbird has LDAP support.
It is my misunderstanding.

What is your LDAP problem?

Older thunderbird had been able to handle openldap address book properly.
But I do not remember exact version, and LDAP environment is no longer
available for me.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3