Re: tmux build failure on FreeBSD 9.2

On 19/11/2013 12:21, OBATA Akio wrote:
I see...

1. FreeBSD have libtinfo and libcurses, not libterminfo.
2. terminfo.builtin.mk detects libtinfo as builtin terminfo.
3. devel/tmux only try to find libterminfo and libcurses as terminfo library.
4. terminfo.buildlink3.mk will take care about reverse situaion
   (builtin libterminfo is found, package try to use libtinfo),
but this case (builtin libtinfo is found package try to use libterminfo)
   is not handled well (with BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM)

Following should resolve the issue, but cannot handle for the case
package will not try to use libterminfo (only libtinfo and/or libcurses).
I don't know such case exists in pkgsrc or not (roy, do you know?)

Plenty of packages assume that curses library ships with terminfo support.
Most don't even bother to look for libtinfo, let alone libterminfo.

tmux correctly doesn't pull in curses.buildin.mk3 because it doesn't use curses itself. However, tmux only looks inside terminfo or curses for a terminfo implementation.

I think the problem was with your recent commit that removed the curses library if not using curses for terminfo.

Thanks

Roy