Re: 2013Q3 freeze pre-announcement

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:17:56 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 09:15:18AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
The freeze for the next pkgsrc branch, 2013Q3, is scheduled to start
on Sunday, September 15, at 22:00 UTC, and expected to last for two
weeks, as usual.

I think it is time again to prune some PostgreSQL versions. So I would
like to kill 8.4 and 9.0 now and change the default version to 9.2.

Does such desire to purge come from as a bulk builder?
Because you are not maintaining PostgreSQL packages so I guess that
it is not came from reducing cost of maintenance.

At the same time, I would like to change the default Motif implementation
unconditionally to x11/motif.

Before it, mk/motif.buildlink3.mk must be fixed first.
It will  not work as expected after update of x11/openmotif
(failed to detect installed openmotif package) and import of x11/motif
(no way to detect installed motif package).
MOTIF_TYPE_DEFAULT=dt with X!!_TYPE=modular is bad combination, should be
rejected.
...and so on...

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost