Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/bootstrap-mk-files

The first package I build after bootstrap is devel/rcs. This now fails with

=> Automatic manual page handling
Full pathname symlink
is target of
- adjusting to `../bin/rlog'
Full pathname symlink
is target of
- adjusting to `../../man/man1/rlog.1'
pkg_create: can't stat
=> Creating binary package
pkg_create: can't stat
pkg_create: lstat failed for file share/info/dir: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2

The same source builds successfully, when I use an older pkgsrc
userland that still uses install-sh instead of bsdinstall (which
causes devel/rcs to revert in some places to ../build-aux/install-sh,
btw). I can't pinpoint the place where things go wrong with the newer
infrastructure. The directory share/info is created in both cases,
with identical permissions.

I haven't found a reason for switching to bsdinstall, just the fact
that you did it. At the moment this looks to me like a case of "if it
ain't broken..."

Joern Clausen