Re: package name for x11/xf86-video-ati6

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 09:41:57AM +0200, Nicolas Thauvin wrote:
> I recently updated my packages and found that I'm impacted with PR
> 47935. So I installed x11/xf86-video-ati6, but it created a
> xf86-video-ati-6.14.6.
>
> The package name may conflict with x11/xf86-video-ati, since this one
> has a newer version, it would overwrite the other if both are built in
> a pbulk. Am I correct?

Both are built by a bulk build. Depending on what tools you use for
installing your packages, the version from xf86-video-ati might get
installed since it has a higher version number.

If we just switch the PKGNAME so they are different we have to add
manual conflicts but would avoid that problem. Do you think that'd be
useful?

> In PR 47935, a question is "do we keep this version?", I would say yes,
> even if modular Xorg segfault at the end, my laptop is usable and I can
> wait for KMS to be added to NetBSD.

Thanks for the feedback,
 Thomas