Re: gnutls 3.1.10 (and security/nettle)

> I'm trying to update gnutls 3.0.28 to 3.1.10
> (on NetBSD/amd64 6.0.1)
>
>   I have following lines in config.log while doing so if
> security/nettle stays as it is.
> ---------
> conftest.c: In function 'main':
> conftest.c:34:1: warning: implicit declaration of function
>   'rsa_decrypt_tr' /var/tmp//ccJ3CSNm.o: In function `main':
> conftest.c:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `rsa_decrypt_tr'
> ---------
> So I have dropped --disable-share from security/nettle.

I'm seeing:

$ nm /usr/pkg/lib/libhogweed.so|grep rsa_decrypt_tr
00006cd0 T nettle_rsa_decrypt_tr
$ grep rsa_decrypt_tr /usr/pkg/include/nettle/*
/usr/pkg/include/nettle/rsa.h:#define rsa_decrypt_tr
 nettle_rsa_decrypt_tr
/usr/pkg/include/nettle/rsa.h:rsa_decrypt_tr(const struct
 rsa_public_key *pub,

So it seems that the name mangling is intentional and the gnutls
configure check doesn't get it.

Didn't look at details, but the first impression is that nettle
is not to blame. The "--disable-shared" should be OK because
libtool is supposed to care about shlib building.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich