[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
ANN: nih-0.11.0 release
I've just released nih-0.11.0.
The nih is a command-line tool for managing pkgsrc packages. It relies
on pkg_summary(5) for installation, removal and update of packages and
associated dependencies using remote or local repository.
- Order of packages does matter
("nih install emacs- editors/emacs22" is correct)
- Option -P and new config variable NO_REQPROV_CHECK were added
- Option -L and new config variable NO_REMOVE_LEAVES were added
- "Nothing to be done" message is output if everything is up-to-date
- Download failures and cksum failures are handled differently
- Handling CONFLICTS between installed packages and packages to
install are handled differently. Now package splits and similar
problems are resolved with a help of "fake" packages. Fake
packages are always marked for updates.
New option -f for "nih list" was added in order to list them
- Improvemed download progress messages
- Option -L was added, see "nih install -L"
- Options -p and -P were added. See "nih install"
- Command was reimplemented and simplified
- Option -t option was removed
pkg_status doesn't have -ltRn options anymore
- Option -r was added
- Option -I uses pkg_digger_installed provided by pkg_summary-utils
- Fixes in error messages
- Option -p was added. With a help of it one may search in
pkgsrc packages offline. Also see "nih refresh -p" and man page
Now nih works correctly if REPOSITORY is a directory
Fixes for shell's "trap" command.
Main Index |
Thread Index |