openobex 1.7

openobex-1.7 is released on sourceforge, and I have patches ready to
commit.. however I have a question regarding library major/minor numbers.
There is incompatibility with previous versions, and the author has bumped
the version numbering scheme in a way that the package produces

which he maintains is correct as the names mean nothing, but the mismatch
in makes me a little uncomfortable as it is a bit confusing.. is it ok to
leave this as-is, or should we correct this somehow for pkgsrc?