Re: pkgsrc openjdk7 and eclipse and suse-12 does not work

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:03:37 +0100
Martin Husemann <> wrote:

> I'm confused - why is the eclipse pkg not compiling this stuff
> natively?

Maybe the source is not available, so we use the Linux binaries?

I have to admit that I have no idea how Eclipse works. I always thought
it is written in Java, but nevertheless there is a Linux binary included
to launch it...

> Mixing a native java runtime environment and linux binaries
> sounds like a doomed aproach to me.

Indeed. :|

Frank Wille