Re: OK to rm /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/* ?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:16:34 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgusers%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:08:40AM +0200, Dario Niedermann wrote:
 > Is it OK to remove the .tgz files in '/usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/' once
 > built from source and installed?

Yes. With one proviso that I discovered recently the hard way: package
files left behind by a 'make update' cannot be pruned until the entire
'make update' has completed. If you stop a 'make update' in the middle
and delete package files that have been installed (e.g. to clear out
disk space) and restart 'make update', it croaks.

 > Are they of any use after installation?

Basically not. Since certain changes a while back they now appear
without being asked for and accumulate uselessly until you purge them
by hand. This is a bug, but the people responsible do not appear to be
interested in fixing it.

I'm just waiting for merge of GSoC multi package format support.
 http://addpackageforma.sourceforge.net/
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2011/05/04/msg007104.html
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2012/01/05/msg008356.html

As already asked by ryooon@
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2012/09/27/msg010040.html
Please someone bring out status of the project.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost