Re: evolution-data-server lossage with HEAD

"OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 23:29:54 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>
>> evolution-data-server failed to build, and it looks like the new
>> evolution-data-server is not compatible with the combination of old ical
>> and new glib (but it's hard to tell).
>> Does this build for anyone else?
>
> For libxml2-2.9.0 API changes, it should be fixed.

Thanks for fixing; evolution-data-server now builds for me.  (But I've
disabled the option, so I don't need it.)

Do you believe that pkgsrc users are better served by having
evolution-data-server as a gnome dependency and installed on every gnome
system?  The tradeoff is the fraction of gnome users that get a benefit
vs the amount of difficulty/bloat from having a nonuseful dependency.

I only use very limited parts of gnome, and surely am not
representative.  It seems evolution-data-server is about more than
evolution, but I'm not sure how much it matters to the average
non-evolution-using user.