Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc freeze started

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:00:08AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > You can use this posting to collect issues that we need to address
 > before the branch.

I'll post a broken list soon. It may not be perfect -- the last bulk
results for HEAD on -current are from 2+ months ago.

 > I'd like updates about
 > a) cairo

AIUI the build failures seen on Solaris and Dragonfly have been fixed.
What's left that I know about is:
 - maybe another build failure on MacOS;
 - the "Cairo text problems" issue on pkgsrc-users;
 - PR 46926;
 - the fact that FreeBSD apparently reverted this cairo version for
   reasons that haven't yet been raked up.

I have no idea what to do about this. My inclination would be to
revert it and go back after branching.

 > b) libffi/python

Python (all versions) does not build on very recent -current, probably
since the last openssl changes as the build crashes in openssl.

libffi is an innocent bystander.

Something definitely needs to be done about this, but I'm not sure

David A. Holland