Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc freeze started

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:00:08AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > You can use this posting to collect issues that we need to address
 > before the branch.

I'll post a broken list soon. It may not be perfect -- the last bulk
results for HEAD on -current are from 2+ months ago.

 > I'd like updates about
 >
 > a) cairo

AIUI the build failures seen on Solaris and Dragonfly have been fixed.
What's left that I know about is:
 - maybe another build failure on MacOS;
 - the "Cairo text problems" issue on pkgsrc-users;
 - PR 46926;
 - the fact that FreeBSD apparently reverted this cairo version for
   reasons that haven't yet been raked up.

I have no idea what to do about this. My inclination would be to
revert it and go back after branching.

 > b) libffi/python

Python (all versions) does not build on very recent -current, probably
since the last openssl changes as the build crashes in openssl.

libffi is an innocent bystander.

Something definitely needs to be done about this, but I'm not sure
what.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost