Re: Toward importing of PHP 5.4.x

On Thu, 24 May 2012 06:50:08 +0900, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost>
wrote:

Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost> writes:

* Droping php5(PHP 5.2.x) support.  I plan it before pkgsrc-2012Q2.

What's the status of compatibility between 5.3 and 5.2?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration53.php

Though I'm not fond of it, but people may still need to run software
that may require older PHP, and this:

OA> PHP 5.2 series is NOT supported anymore with PHP-5.3.6 release on
17-Mar-2011:

means that it has been only a year. It may be too little time to have
most software converted (besides very actively developed projects).

No, please read the first line:
  Its end of the active support was announced on 22-Jul-2010:
It's almost two years ago, and too late starting migration after discontinued
declaration :(

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost