[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
lubuntu style meta-package
I started a lubuntu-style meta package at pkgsrc-wip called
light-desktop. I added around ten packages also.
Here is an article about the desktop choices:
I have used it for a few months (except I use xterm, firefox, and jwm
instead of defaults).
See the wip/light-desktop/TODO for a list of packages to work on.
- install artwork, default startlxde, configurations, themes, menu, etc.
- need a gui network interface manager (applet) with wifi scanning and
configuration (what do you use?)
- need a gui to manage packages (I heard someone is working on it for
- nautilus-extensions maybe should be split out of nautilus, since is a
dependency for gnome-system-tools
- wip/simple-scan apparently uses SANE, but needs gudev/udev too. I
didn't look closely.
- need to package system-config-printer
By the way, gnome-system-tools (and its gnome-time-admin) are
interesting and don't use libgnome.
Anyone interested in helping get this mostly working? Who will use it?
Main Index |
Thread Index |