Re: www/firefox build problem

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Jan Danielsson
> <jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>   Just updated pkgsrc-current, and building firefox 12 yields:
>  [...]
>
>> /pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/devel/xulrunner/default/mozilla-release/gfx/skia/src/opts/SkBlitRow_opts_SSE2.cpp:484:
>> error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'GENERAL_REGS'
>
> Any progress on this? I am getting the same error on a 5.99.51/amd64
> system with gcc 4.1.3 and default flags. A quick perusal of bugzilla
> found nothing.

The attached patch fixes the build of both devel/xulrunner and
(probably) www/seamonkey on my system. However, I am not sure how to
conditionally add a patch to the respective packages -- could somebody
with a better pkgsrc-fu please add it?

The seamonkey problem is referenced in PR toolchain/46442. PR
pkg/44912 is also relevant. The place to insert the conditional patch
would be in hacks.mk, along with the other SSE fix from the latter PR.

--Benny.