Re: games/frozen-bubble PR pkg/45656: Trying to patch

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 01:15:39PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> What is the situation with the patch at upstream?
> Have they accepted it or will they accept it?
>  Thomas

Tried looking for the answer and got following observations:

1. Frozen bubble website mentions that SDL Pango is unsupported and hence
the patch is required to be applied externally.

2. I did not find SDL Pango website declaring it unsupported though:

3. Looked for how other distros deal with this. It seems they are patching
it as a part of their release engg framework. Got pointers from Arch and
Fedora Linux:

Quite a pesky situation... ?