Best way to maintain pkgsrc for mulriple machines on same arch

I have two machines, both running NetBSD, both with i386 based.

I have pkgsrc-current installed on the laptop where I do the builds and
periodically rsync /usr/pkg directory with the desktop.

This has by and large worked, though I realized, install actions sometimes
involve additional actions such as creating user for a daemon etc. where
this method fails.

So what's a better way: Shall I mount /usr/pkgsrc on the second machine
and run make install?

I would certainly not like to replicate the setup, since the architecture
is same and save on compilation time.

Mayuresh