Re: devel/ncursesw OSX link error

    Date:        Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:56:51 +1300 (NZDT)
    From:        Steven Drake <>

  | Oops, my fault, this should be fixed with revision 1.41 of
  | pkgsrc/devel/ncurses/

That might fix the link error reported, but that version generates
make syntax errors for me ...

make: "../../devel/ncurses/../../devel/ncurses/" line 28:
Malformed conditional (empty(BUILDLINK_TREE:Mncursesw) &&
make: "../../devel/ncurses/../../devel/ncurses/" line 28: Missing
dependency operator
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
show-var failed (audio/muse)

That particular error came from attempting to determine PKGNAME for
my log file (make show-var ...) but the same thing happened on a
later more conventional build attempt.

The problem seems to be that PKGPATH is not defined anywhere (for me, using
pkgsrc head, with pkg_comp simulating a NetBSD 5 system - with NetBSD 5.0's
version of make as released).   To get around this I just added

to the ncurses/ file, but I doubt that is really the correct