Re: Freeze for pkgsrc in preparation for pkgsrc-2011Q4

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 04:55:25PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
 > The aim for this quarter is to get the number of broken packages (where
 > a broken package is one that does not build, install and de-install, as
 > defined by the bulk builds) down to as small a number as possible.

There are about a dozen packages that are unfixable or doomed; other
than that, I think zero broken is a plausible goal...

some things currently needing specialized knowledge/attention:

  - databases/activeldap is broken on ruby multiversion handling;
  - devel/clisp-syscalls apparently needs a lisp hacker;
  - mono packages (e.g. databases/sqlsharpgtk) probably need attention
    from someone who knows about mono;
  - there are some Perl module packages with PLIST conflicts;
  - several packages using qt3 qmake (e.g. kiax) are doing horrible
    things when built with non-default PREFIX.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost