Re: pkg_add NetBSD/i386 5.1 packages binaries fails

bouyer@ wrote:

> > pkg_add: Error: package `wxGTK28-2.8.10nb12' was built with a newer
> > pkg_install version
> > pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
> > ---
> >
> > Is this expected? Should I pkg_add pkg_install first?
>
> I'd say it's not expected. We've been in this discussion before, and this
> is why the 5.0.2 packages are built with the system's pkg tools (at the
> price of a few packages not building).

Hmm, probably we should update "how to build packages binaries" docs?

> Also, they're not been updated since Nov 18 ...

It looks now building 5.0.2 binaries takes less than two days:
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2011/12/10/msg008544.html

Is it because only updated packages in the branch are rebuilt,
or revised your build environment?

---
Izumi Tsutsui