Re: Is it safe to have two build sessions running in parallel

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 09:20:05AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 11:19:24PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:21:05PM +0100, Jan ?mydke wrote:
> > > Put the following to your mk.conf:
> > >
> > > PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE?=   sleep
> > > PKGSRC_SLEEPSECS=   12
> >
> > After adding the above to /etc/mk.conf, whichever packages were built
> > prior to above change complain about not finding /usr/pkg/bin/shlock, if
> > they are in the dependency of some other package.
>
> build and install pkgtools/shlock first.
>
>       -is

I have done that. Problem is with those builds that were done prior to
installing shlock. They need a make clean to realize that shlock is
installed. Otherwise they complain of not finding shlock.

make clean and remake is usually ok, but some of those builds are really
time taking. Just letting those packages "know" that shlock is now
installed could have saved great deal of time. If I could know which
setting in source tree represents shlock information, I can change that
even manually.

Mayuresh.