Re: Is it safe to have two build sessions running in parallel

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:21:05PM +0100, Jan ?mydke wrote:
> Put the following to your mk.conf:
>
> PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE?=   sleep
> PKGSRC_SLEEPSECS=   12
>
> and build also pkgtools/shlock
>
> Then it should be safe to run more build jobs in parallel.
>
> You could also set
>
> MAKE_JOBS=    2

Thanks. Did that.

Just want to know whether the locking applies to downloading of dist files
also.

Secondly, make does parallelize its jobs. However is there any way by
which the overall dependency build could be parallelized. For example,
when I am downloading for a dependency, my CPU is nearly idle. Might as
well build another dependency in the meantime. Will be great if pkgsrc
could do this automatically.

Mayuresh.