Re: pbulk build problem?

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011, Bob Nestor wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2011, at 2:59 AM, Steven Drake wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Bob Nestor wrote:
> >
> >> # Added the following to /usr/pbulk/etc/mk.conf
> >> [...]
> >>    PACKAGES= /usr/pkgsrc/packages
> >
> > Bad, you should set this to /usr/pbulk/packages.  The packages that are
> > built and installed under /usr/pbulk have a LOCALBASE of /usr/pbulk which
> > is a) probably not what you want, and b) will cause problem when you try
> > to run a bulkbuild.
> >
> >> # Edited /usr/pkg_bulk/etc/pbulk.conf fixing the following:
> >> [...]
> >>    packages=/usr/pkgsrc/packages
> >
> > Leave this as is thou.
> >

> Strange then that the defaults use /packages.  In fact most of the folklore
> documentation out there seems to indicate it should be set to either
> /packages or /usr/pkgsrc/packages.  One site offered this tidbit on
> troubleshooting:
>
> Build packages fail with depends.log having digest package
>
> Does the variable PACKAGES in mk.conf points to the same place where the
> variable packages in pbulk.conf points to?
>
> They should point to the same place.

Let me clarify what I meant, the 'PACKAGES' variable in /etc/mk.conf (or
/usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf on non-NetBSD systems) and the 'packages' variable
in /usr/pbulk/etc/mk.conf _must_ point to the same place!  However the
PACKAGES variable in /usr/pbulk/etc/mk.conf must _not_ point to the same
place as the previous two!

--
Steven