Re: Issues with scrotwm-0.9.34 snapshot

Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bodzar%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> so I was able with help of marco@ to get scrotwm-0.9.34 snapshot
> compile and running. Not so much changes needed:
>
> 1) change DISTNAME in Makefile
> 2) change MASTER_SITES in Makefile
> 3) remove unneeded patch-ac from patches/
> 4) add -lXtst flag to gcc
>
> for HEAD of scrotwm there is a need for more changes like in scrotwm.c
> and don't know how to instruct pkgsrc to download from git (have
> issues with 2) as well because of that because it looks in mirrors and
> not MASTER_SITE).

For software in git, the approaches are

1) Ask upstream to make actual releases.

2) In pkgsrc-wip, see mk/git-package.mk

3) make your own tarballs if (1) fails

> Reading pkgsrc guide to try prepare correct package as actual version
> is quite hackish. Is there someone who can help me with that? It's my
> first try to create some package.

I would suggest getting access to pkgsrc-wip (just send me or
wiz%netbsd.org@localhost your sourceforge username), and working there.  It
makes
it easier for others to look at what you've done.