Re: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native

Hello !

From my experience of pkgsrc on Linux X11_TYPE=modular works much better
than native, which is unfortunately the pkgsrc default here.

see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2011/07/20/msg014712.html
and
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45194

At the end following the recommandation of Aleksey, I switched to
X11_TYPE=modular and I got a much better pkgsrc experience, compiling
such beasts like firefox inside pkgsrc.

Beside this Debian and Ubuntu are going to move to multi arch binaries,
which will probably break the search path for X11_BASE.
see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2011/08/04/msg014787.html
for details

I would be delighted if  X11_TYPE=modular became the default for pkgsrc
on Linux :)

Manu