Re: ghc-6.8.3 fail to install.

On Montag, 22. August 2011 at 11:14, Loïc Maury wrote:

> checking for perl... /usr/pkgsrc/lang/ghc/work/.tools/bin/perl
> configure: error: your version of perl probably won't work, try upgrading it
> *** Error code 1
>
> I think I have the last version of perl (v5.14.1)

Have a look at lang/ghc/patches/patch-at, it already fixes up the configure
script for use with perl 5.10 and 5.12 – you *should* be able to just turn [02]
into [024], regenerate the checksums ("make mps" from lang/ghc) and be done.
Sorry I can't test this because ghc doesn't work on DragonFly.

In the medium term, wouldn't it make sense to just throw out this whole perl
version check, as we can enforce a recent enough perl version through pkgsrc
easily?

In the long term, lang/ghc is in desparate need of a version upgrade and
DESTDIR support.

-m.