2011Q2 - problem with perl/catalyst script/ -r -d

Running on:

NetBSD pimin 5.99.55 NetBSD 5.99.55 (MONOLITHIC) #1: Mon Aug  8 22:42:58 PDT
2011  root@pimin:/glorp/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/MONOLITHIC i386

pkgsrc Tpkgsrc-2011Q2

The following perl/catalyst code was working until I did a "cvs update -pd &&
pkg_rolling-replace" the rolling replace indicated there was nothing to do.
Then this code began to fail as indicated below:

script/ Auth_Test
Undefined subroutine &namespace::autoclean::on_scope_end called at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.0/namespace/ line 57.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.0/Catalyst/ line 6.
Compilation failed in require at script/ line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/ line 6.

Thinking the environment was polluted in some way I created a chroot'd
environment, dowloaded and installed pkgsrc, and built enough of pkgsrc
perl/catalyst to try these scripts and I get the same results.

I'm not a complete beginner with perl but, I have no idea where to start
figuring this out.  Help is appreciated.  Where did I go wrong???